FASHIONABLE NOC ANON MAFIA - Day 6 - Sun. Mar. 9 @ 2:00 EST

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FASHIONABLE NOC ANON MAFIA - Day 6 - Sun. Mar. 9 @ 2:00 EST

Post by Lucifer on Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:22 am

First topic message reminder :

Players Alive: Armani, Bulgari, Burberry, Chanel, Givenchy, Jimmy Choo, Marchesa, Prada, Vivienne Westwood, Yves Saint Laurent, Zara

Players Dead:
Miu Miu, worn by Amanda Seyfried, was a Town Fruit Vendor - lynched Day 1.
Dior, worn by Mila Kunis, was a Triggered Suicidal Innocent Child - killed Night 1.
Kate Spade, worn by Sasha Obama, was a Town Unrequited Lover - killed Night 2.
Hermès, worn by Miley Cyrus, was a Town Unrequited Lover - committed suicide Night 2.
Tiffany, worn by Audrey Hepburn, was a Town Bulletproof Miller - killed Day 3.
Louis Vuitton, worn by Kanye West, was a Town Compulsive Vanillaiser - lynched Day 3.
Fendi, worn by Tupac Shakur, was a Mafia Traitor & Absorber - killed Night 3.
Ray-Ban, worn by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, was a Town Reporter - lynched Day 4.
Versace, worn by Drake, was a Town Super Hated Doublevoter - killed Night 4.
Alexander McQueen, worn by some unknown model, was a Town Cop - lynched Day 5.
Vera Wang, worn by Anne Hathaway, was a Town Neighbor - killed Night 5.
Gucci, worn by Jennifer Lawrence, was a Town Suicide Bomber - blown up Day 6.
Valentino, worn by Florence Welch, was a Mafia 1-Shot Ninja and 2-Shot Sensor - blown up Day 6.

Votecounts: Lucifer's ISO

Replacements: Louis Vuitton, Kate Spade, Hermès, Givenchy, Armani, Vivienne Westwood, Armani, Vivienne Westwood, Marchesa, Zara, Marchesa

Previous Threads: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3.1, Day 3.2-3.9, Day 4, Day 5

Things To Note:

• All roles are variations/modifications of the ones listed here.
  • No posts for 48 hours = prodded. 3 prods or no post/response in 24 hours = replaced.
  • You can see if a player is online with a small blue box in the top right corner of their posts (if they have not hidden their online status).
  • Players may only request one deadline extension per game if 25% of the players (rounded up) post in thread asking for one, bolded for me to see.
  • This game uses the following Night Action Resolution, or "priority". Simultaneous actions will both occur, and actions that combine these use the first priority:
    Spoiler:
    Copy
    Commute
    Hide
    Redirection
    Roleblock/stop
    Jailkeep
    Miscellaneous
    Protect
    Kill
    Doctor
    Result-Based Actions
    Non-Kill Death

Last edited by Lucifer on Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:14 pm; edited 5 times in total

----------------------------------------
you can be the king but watch the queen conquerISO
Lucifer
Queen
Queen

View user profile http://koalas.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: FASHIONABLE NOC ANON MAFIA - Day 6 - Sun. Mar. 9 @ 2:00 EST

Post by Marchesa on Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:42 pm

Marchesa has achieved their ultimate form.

I will read the game up until now and check in later with a reads list or whatever

as worn by Kristen StewartISO
Marchesa
The One True Gaga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer on Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:42 pm

[[ VOTECOUNT 6.2 ]]

Alexander McQueen, something something or whatever.

Burberry (4) - Valentino, Yves Saint Laurent, Prada, Givenchy
Prada (2) - Jimmy Choo, Burberry
Valentino (2) - Gucci, Bulgari

Not Voting (5) - Armani, Chanel, Marchesa, Vivienne Westwood, Zara

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is Sun. Mar. 9 @ 2:00 EST, approximately 5 days from now.

Lucifer
Queen
Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gucci on Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:48 pm

seriously Valentino is scum have you even been reading he's got away with so much it's not even funny
but w/e, if you want to kill Prada first
unvote
vote prada

as worn by Jennifer LawrenceISO
Gucci
Venti Frappuccino

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gucci on Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:58 pm

woops there were more pages and things got interesting
unvote

Gucci
Venti Frappuccino

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gucci on Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:40 pm

I like how everyone is just assuming Valentino is town, can't anyone give me at least a reasonable reason?

Givenchy is looking scummy, he's really pushing the Burberry lynch for something that imo doesn't seem scummy at all. Also, he pushed the Alex lynch even though he backed out on it after he started it and then came back to hammer. I literally didn't find one post where he believed what Alex was saying or even cared about his guilty/not guilty inspects he got. Yes, Alex's play was def not great, but it was believable for sure. I feel Burberry brings up some good points if you compare them to Givenchy's points. I don't think it was a scumslip, it was actually some helpful info but not sure why he rused it so bad since he could also have posted it today. And tbh, the post seems good. Vera flipped town and YSL seems town. There wasn't a word about Valentino, and you also assumed she is town so ?_?

Prada is also looking really scummy to me, but there's plenty of time left for this day.

vote Givenchy

Gucci
Venti Frappuccino

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Givenchy on Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:23 pm

Disagree with the scumslip, ok. But the rest of your post makes literally no sense whatsoever.

~How did I push the Alex lynch? This is ridiculous. I didn't vote him till late in the day when it was either him or Val. I pushed for Prada to be lynched instead. I was the only one saying (explicitly at least) that Alex's play didn't make sense from a scum perspective. Did you even read?

~"There wasn't a word about Valentino?"

AND I QUOTE: "Had I not caught this I would be questioning Val's allignment pretty hard right now, but the fact that Burb and other probable mafia seem to be buddying/bussing/otherwise doing random shit that I am pretty convinced she's town."

Ok.

~~~

Even if you do have a scumread on me, the best course of action definitely is to vote either someone based on Val's results (if you believe them) or Val (if you don't). You're wasting your time voting me and really are just looking silly.

The saddest part about this is you're probably town Sad
~

as worn by Beyoncé KnowlesISO
Givenchy
Jesus, Take The Wheel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Burberry on Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:30 pm

Jimmy Choo wrote:Surely if there were two mafia neighbours then the reason for burberry thinking that, coming off valentino's results would be how, assuming she is town, by process of elimination removes herself from that group of 4 with 3 scum in it.
But by the fact that Burberry didnt go for that defense gives reason for doubt.  

This line of thought is wrong. If you are to assume that I am town and Valentino is town, then obviously there are two mafia neighbours as of now considering Vera is dead and flipped town. However, what they are grilling me on is that I somehow knew there were exactly two mafia neighbours before Vera's flip, which I explain in the first paragraph of this post.

As to why I killed Vera - maybe shooting Yves was probably a better idea because I forgot to pay attention to Alex's inspect results. I remembered that I was checking the order for his consistencies regarding his scumreads on days 2-4 and they fit but I forgot when I was using my shot. This actually works out in town's favor though because for some reason mafia didn't kill someone else along with my vig of Vera, so instead of having to lynch her we now know that Jimmy/Yves/Prada are all scum after I flip.

Going on a tangent here, disregard this until after I flip: The reason for the strange manner of kills may be because Dior's role was a Suicidal Innocent Child that may have died n1 because of her role modifier, not because the mafia killed her. Night 3 I killed Fendi and Night 5 I killed Vera, so mafia is probably killing on even nights.

Back on the topic - I don't think we can say for sure there's a redirector around. Yes it makes the most sense (Occam's Razor) for the redirect to be on Alex twice and Louis once but two Godfather Neighbours and a mafia roleblocker night 3 also work. Plus, if there is a redirector on Louis' vanillaiser, where did it go?

Also yes Gucci, get your vote off Givenchy and put it on an existing wagon (hint: not Valentino).

Givenchy, you should still entertain my thoughts on a couple of things. First off, the possible existence of a third-party, and if so, using Valentino's results and assuming a 5-member scum team, who it is?

Second off, assume for a moment I'm town, which would throw your postulated scum team off. Yes, I'm asking you to humor me. We both have the Prada read, and then if I am town then both Yves and Jimmy are scum, but then this means you still have to find 2 scum off the Miu Miu wagon, and right now you have Chanel OR Bulgari. Can they both be scum, and if not, who is it between Vivienne and Marchesa? Furthermore, if they are not both scum, then on Alex's wagon with 4 scum, with Yves/Jimmy/[Chanel/Bulgari]/Armani, there should be 6 mafia members. However, since this isn't MYLO (which again, a possible even-night kill only mafia could throw off), there may be a serial killer/third party.

(This last paragraph is confusing, but if someone needs me to explain I'll make it nicer format.)

as worn by Emma WatsonISO
Burberry
Charlie's Angel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara on Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:57 pm

My apologies for not being around as much as I would like to everybody. Now, enough with the formalities, down to business.

First off, @Burberry, thank you very much for the summary, it was quite helpful in directing me towards effective research. The significant evidence for me predecessor's apathy towards the game is that our action on N1 was used on Miu Miu. And, just fyi, my action is not one which can be used on dead players. So make of that what you will.

Continuing on, still @Burberry, a number of questions.

First off, with your crumbing, you do realize that crumbing something at the end of day 5 and then claiming day 6 completely eliminates the point of crumbing, right? The entire point of crumbing is to do it early to give credence to your claim later on, because it means this is the claim you've been going with since the start, and so not something you could have just made up so suite the situation. Since you did it right before you actually claimed, there circumstantial evidence it lends to you claim is made void. So basically, given how crumbing works, why did you crumb when you did?

Secondly, with your day 4 starting post about the nightkill you supposedly made, how exactly did you remark help the town, and why make it? Your given reason of questioning why there was only a single kill seems lackluster in light of the post. In the post, you dismiss the options of the kill being the result of another faction or a vigilante, despite supposedly knowing that it was the work of a vigilante, and with the fact that Fendi was a traitor, simply pointing it out didn't help as the mafia making the kill wasn't an eliminated option. This seems highly counter-intuitive to me, and at best completely pointless.  

Third point, on your kills, specifically the Night 4 and Night 6 ones, I would like a little more information. For Night 4, leading up towards that night your last couple of posts hadn't mentioned Fendi at all, and when you had been talking about him early on, though you were scum reading him you also said he wasn't a high priority. On the Night 6 kill, Alex's flip as town was available. In order for you to be correct about the Neighbors being mafia, it would have meant that a highly convoluted chain of events occurred. With that in mind, why choose to kill a neighbor, whose town claim was given credence by Alex's flip, over another scum read? If this was to Valentino results, please elaborate on which one specifically.

Fourth, on the issue of your kill against Prada failing, why are you assuming that Prada was protected? Based on the nature of you role, somebody could have attempted to kill Prada, which would have cancelled both killings, or your action could have been redirected to another target, as two other possibilities out of many. Did you receive anything from the mod after your action, or is your conclusion purely quesswork?

@Valentino, you have said that you claimed 2-shot sensor so that the mafia would think you were now helpless, and thus you could live longer, presumably getting more information as well. However, you eventually changed your claim to odd-night sensor. The timing being such that approaching an even night, your claim stood as 2-shot, while when approaching an odd night, your claim was odd-night. This does not make sense given the context of fake claiming to stay alive longer. Regardless of it you were a 2-shot or an odd-night sensor, when approaching night 4 you would have been unable to make an action. However, when approaching night 5, being 2-shot would mean you were still worthless while being odd-night would make you dangerous. And yet, when it didn't matter, you claimed 2-shot, and when being 2-shot was the better option for survival, your supposed goal, you claimed odd-night. What is a rational conclusion for this? The only logical conclusion I can reach is that, given the contradiction between your and Alex's claim, approaching the day 5 lynch, you being 2-shot meant you could be lynched  easily to figure out which player was correct. As 2-shot, you would be either an effective VT or a Scum, while Alex would be either a PR or a Scum, compared to if you were an odd-night, then it made the day 5 lynch between two strong PRs. Given these options, it makes it seem like you were more concerned with surviving the town then the mafia, which is contrary to your stated goal.

There is a bit more I would like to say, but right now I am pressed for time, and these to issues are of the utmost importance. Please answer my questions wisely, and answer all of them.

Good day gentlemen.

~Zara

as worn by Catherine, Duchess of CambridgeISO
Zara
Assistant's Assistant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Burberry on Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:22 pm

I realized that if I wanted to crumb the best time to have done that would be at the very beginning of the game (which I didn't because I was too busy trying to figure out how to mask my identity), along somewhere the lines of me being short of breath, but I realized with the way I have been posting in this game something like that on a day like day 2 or 3 it would have been seen very peculiarly and I was paranoid of mafia catching on. I figured a late crumb would be better than no crumb at all, but bear in mind I am not expecting people to suddenly townread me on the basis of a late crumb.

I don't think I said my day 4 remark "helped the town." If I did, I didn't mean it. My purpose of putting that post out was to maybe draw out someone part of the third-party if they seemed to know what was going on, or just get opinions in general, because Fendi was not at all a townread and it wouldn't make sense for mafia to kill him (WIFOM this as much as you want, but there were a number of better kills to make at that point). Of course I distanced myself away from saying it was a vigilante because if I said "maybe the vigilante did it" then I think mafia would target me for that because that's a vigilante tell, at least from my forum/server experience. Yes it wasn't very effective in the end - I realized that independently, but I'm not going to apologize for old posts.

Fendi was something I had in the back of my mind. I don't completely remember the scumreads I had then, though I do remember considering killing Givenchy for a moment and then backing out after rereading her. Prada was another one of my targets but reading her during that night Fendi looked much, much worse. I think I had scumread at least one of the neighbours at that point but I wasn't going to kill people who had claimed especially with better targets. I know Ray was one but I wasn't going to kill him so he could show his results and I figured he was going to be lynched easily anyways.

Regarding the Vera kill, I didn't aim for Prada again because my kill had failed night 5. Since she was one of the high priority lynches due to her presence on the Louis Vuitton wagon, I don't think mafia would kill her - besides, when I flip town she'd be mafia anyways and I see no reason for a doctor to protect her unless they thought she was town and I was scum? (I don't even know if a doctor's protection would work if I also targetted her; furthermore, if my even-night mafia kill theory is right, there was no kill made at her). And Vera had been inactive and generally unhelpful all game, so I felt I was fairly justified in getting her. Givenchy has already called me out for this and I admit Yves was probably a better kill.

For the record I received no message when the day started.

as worn by Emma WatsonISO
Burberry
Charlie's Angel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marchesa on Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:23 pm

A lot of information to wrap my head around at once and I am semi skim-reading.

I have a few questions.

Am I correct in thinking that the only way for Valentino to be town is if there is a redirector (due to the contradiction in Valentino's and Alex's results)?

Are the 3 neighbours that people keep referring to conf. town?

Is there definitely 5 scum left?

Marchesa
The One True Gaga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara on Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:55 pm

@Burberry, when I said "helped the town," I meant that generally fluff posts are discouraged, and every post should have some intended helpful effect, even if only a personal one; I didn't see that in your post, but the way you said it was as a response to your kill the night before made it seem, at least to me, like it should hold some importance as a post.

Also, why do you think Valentino is town again? And don't Valentino's results only prove that, assuming you're town, one of the neighbors is scum? I tried to look through your iso for information, but I don't have the time to dig through your TL;DRs atm.

as worn by Catherine, Duchess of CambridgeISO
Zara
Assistant's Assistant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Prada on Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:22 pm

@Marchesa

Valentino can't be town unless there is a redirector, or there are mafia neighbors who inspect as town. Redirector seems more likely because it would explain why Ray wasn't vanillarized.

The only neighbor that is confirmed town is Vera who died. The likelihood of a redirector means that Alex's inspects could have been redirected. This on top of the other possibility of godfather neighbors means that the remaining two aren't cleaned.

Yves pointed out that there can be 5 scum at most since we are not currently in lylo. Assuming Valentino's results are true, there are exactly 5 scum left.

as worn by MERYL STREEPISO
Prada
The One True Gaga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marchesa on Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:25 pm

Burberry's claim and their even night mafia theory looks believable to me, Fendi had looked really scummy to me whilst reading the previous days and if he was a traitor that scum didn't know about, I don't see why scum would kill Fendi over the dozen or so other people they could have gone after. It explains why there was only a (potentially) triggered kill (yes even if the death was triggered there are a multitude of reasons there might be just one kill)

Fendi would be town in scum's eyes and given his behaviour, a solid potential mislynch somewhere down the line. I may be missing something as I'm still trying to catch up with everything that's happened and the large number of players + the aliases makes this harder than it would be normally.

Marchesa
The One True Gaga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marchesa on Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:31 pm

Thank you Prada.

Right now I'm thinking a Valentino or Burberry lynch is best. If we lynch Burberry (who has a lot of suspicion surrounding them), we either hit scum or get a conf. scum based on their flip.

If we lynch Valentino either we hit scum or we can surmise scum from their results, if Valentino is town, scum will have to kill them N7 unless they think they get a mislynch despite the information Valentino will reveal, which seems unlikely as the information could out the entire scumteam.

Marchesa
The One True Gaga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marchesa on Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:34 pm

Also, for Valentino results to be true, doesn't at least one of the neighbours have to be mafia regardless of if there's a redirector?

Marchesa
The One True Gaga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Prada on Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:37 pm

Yes

as worn by MERYL STREEPISO
Prada
The One True Gaga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marchesa on Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:40 pm

Right, I think I'm understanding everything now, I know a lot of people have done this already but I'm going to post an analysis of scum based on Valentino's results. If for nothing more than to get it straight in my own head

Marchesa
The One True Gaga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marchesa on Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:24 am

I don't know if this is useful but these are my findings. If Valentino's results are true, then these are the possible scumteams

Scumteam A
Prada
Jimmy
Yves
Bulgari
Chanel

Scumteam B
Prada
Jimmy or Yves
Burberry
Bulgari or Chanel
Armani or Givenchy

Scumteam C
Prada
Jimmy
Yves
Marchesa or Vivienne
Armani or Givenchy

Scumteam D
Burberry
Jimmy
Yves
Bulgari or Chanel
Gucci or Zara

Marchesa
The One True Gaga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marchesa on Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:31 am

Scumteam C should NOT contain Prada, it should contain Burberry instead

For reference, I got these by using the 2nd set of results (where 3 of 4 were scum) assumed each one was clean in turn and worked from there. I'm town but I included myself in the analysis it didn't cloud the results too much.

Marchesa
The One True Gaga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marchesa on Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:36 am

Something of note, Scumteam A, C and D all require 2 mafia neighbours, make of that what you will

Marchesa
The One True Gaga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chanel on Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:39 am

prod-dodge

sorry about my lack of activity guys i will try and step it up

as worn by Jacqueline KennedyISO
Chanel
Charlie's Angel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer on Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:47 am

Prodding Vivienne Westwood if they do not post by the time I wake up tomorrow.

Lucifer
Queen
Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gucci on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:24 am

fine w/e
unvote
vote prada

Gucci
Venti Frappuccino

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentino on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:51 am

Zara wrote:@Valentino, you have said that you claimed 2-shot sensor so that the mafia would think you were now helpless, and thus you could live longer, presumably getting more information as well. However, you eventually changed your claim to odd-night sensor. The timing being such that approaching an even night, your claim stood as 2-shot, while when approaching an odd night, your claim was odd-night. This does not make sense given the context of fake claiming to stay alive longer. Regardless of it you were a 2-shot or an odd-night sensor, when approaching night 4 you would have been unable to make an action. However, when approaching night 5, being 2-shot would mean you were still worthless while being odd-night would make you dangerous. And yet, when it didn't matter, you claimed 2-shot, and when being 2-shot was the better option for survival, your supposed goal, you claimed odd-night. What is a rational conclusion for this? The only logical conclusion I can reach is that, given the contradiction between your and Alex's claim, approaching the day 5 lynch, you being 2-shot meant you could be lynched easily to figure out which player was correct. As 2-shot, you would be either an effective VT or a Scum, while Alex would be either a PR or a Scum, compared to if you were an odd-night, then it made the day 5 lynch between two strong PRs. Given these options, it makes it seem like you were more concerned with surviving the town then the mafia, which is contrary to your stated goal.
i claimed 2 shot sensor because i needed to get the information out without immediately taking target from scum. that WAS the plan, but during the day ALEXANDER came in and revealed szresults that suddenly started with people scumreading me and of course i was fucking confused. i got my results out, and someone's results that completely disagree with mine suddenly scumread me? or course ill defend myself. there was a wagon forming on me and yeah, i value my sensor because mafiascum said it was an extremely strong ability thats why i had to make it that i had no charges anymore. it is a bit disappointing because for both my early results the mafia seems to have had control of the votes and they didnt all have to wagon on some person. my goal with the 2 shot claim was to 1, look VT so that ill be the least unappealing person to kill at that point. I tried to speculate so little because i didnt have time lol and that i actually needed to pull off another sensor because we are just mislynching person after person. i dont know what else to say, i will case up and start scumreading people for trying to go against my results without actual logic (like millers and redirects which im actually starting to believe now). these are MY results, it does not change what happens whether im lynched or not, and the only ones to doubt those now are those who will be lynched due to the results, which means they will do their best to discredit the information i have.

redirect is very likely a scum role, but im having difficulty catching up because of work and all.

Marchesa wrote:Thank you Prada.

Right now I'm thinking a Valentino or Burberry lynch is best. If we lynch Burberry (who has a lot of suspicion surrounding them), we either hit scum or get a conf. scum based on their flip.

If we lynch Valentino either we hit scum or we can surmise scum from their results, if Valentino is town, scum will have to kill them N7 unless they think they get a mislynch despite the information Valentino will reveal, which seems unlikely as the information could out the entire scumteam.
im probably going to die next night or something which kind of sucks. i really dont like that im still being entertained for a lynch because its pretty scary that at this point mafia can dictate who to wagon on because weve lynched 0 so far.

my paranoia right now
- mafia will pile up on me and mislynch on the basis that my results are fake (which they are not)
- mafia will misdirect the POE to the only other town lynch so they could win

i dont think burberry will flip anything other than scum, but for the following nights the second option will most likely happen.

i think now is the perfect time to massclaim (or wait tomorrow0 after burberry flip)

as worn by Florence WelchISO
Valentino
Jesus, Take The Wheel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gucci on Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:34 am

Question: Why should we lynch Burberry and not Prada?

Gucci
Venti Frappuccino

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top